Encouraging Presence Workshop
- Date: 26 January 2021
- Speaker: CTL fellows
- Title: Encouraging Presence
- Host: CU Boulder Center for Teaching and Learning
- Quick check-in to see how people are doing: annotate on zoom slide
- Vulnerability: being willing to admit your mistakes and sharing your own personal experiences
- Flexibility: when class format is uncertain, check in with students to see what their needs are. You may need to adapt based on the energy students are bringing into the class.
- Give a variety of opportunities for students to be engaged. Be persistent in advertising your office hours and make them fun. Start each class with a quick breakout room with some reflection questions about life and the course content.
- Don’t just teach to the top third of the class, who are already engaged and attentive
- Some ideas compiled by the speakers